Beginner Surf Lesson Overview
- Board & Water Safety: We spend the first few minutes of the lesson going over rip currents, water safety, and how to handle your board safely when you are in the water.
- Paddle & Pop: Next on land we practice placement on the board, paddle technique, and popping up on your feet.
- Take it to the water: Finally we swim out with you and help you take everything you have learned on land to the water. We help stabilize and direct the board in the lineup, push you into the appropriate waves, and instruct you to make sure you are getting the best rides possible!
- Private: $120 for 1.5-2 hours of one on one instruction
- Group (2+): $79 per person for 1.5 – 2 hours of instruction, 1 instructor per 2 students
How do I book a surf lesson with HISS online?
You can book a lesson online with us by clicking the “Book Now” button above. Surfing is a condition dependent sport and the same goes for surf lessons. In an ideal case there will be adequate conditions for the lesson day you selected. There is also a good possibility the conditions will not be workable during your selected lesson day. If this is the case, we will look for another day both the coaches and students are available with good conditions. If we can not find a day to rebook then we will fully refund your lesson.
We live on a small island off the coast that gets a lot of swell and sometimes too much swell for the whole week straight of surf lessons! Trust us, this frustrates us as well but the number one priority is teaching in safe, reasonable conditions so everyone has a good time and wants to go surfing again! If you have any issues with booking your lesson online please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 252-987-2292.
How do I book a surf lesson with HISS without booking it through the website?
If you are having trouble booking your lesson through the website or just want to touch base with us before booking it please contact us at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, on the phone at (252-987-2292), or by just stopping in at either shop if your in town!